Premier Straight Wire Orthodontics Course
For General and Pediatric Dentists
Our Premier Course in Tulsa includes hands-on instruction in real orthodontics cases. You’ll be guided by Dr. Williams, a respected GP Orthodontic Practitioner with over 30 years of experience.
The Premier Comprehensive Clinical Program offers advantages not found in other postgraduate, general practice orthodontic programs.
- You’ll be working with actual patients and following them through two years of treatment.
- You’ll receive a temporary Oklahoma license to practice in Dr. Williams' office.
- You’ll receive on-going support and case consultation with instructors throughout the program.
- You’ll receive a valuable source of CE hours at a reasonable cost.
- Straight Wire manual included — Over 400 pages of the most current concepts in straight wire orthodontics.
Course materials include:
How to diagnose and treat Class-I and Class-II malocclusions
How to band and bracket teeth
Diagnostic records that align with orthodontic standards of care
The straight wire orthodontic appliance system
Basic cephalometric analysis, diagnosis, and treatment planning
How to practically incorporate orthodontics into your practice
The goal of this course is to prepare the student to successfully diagnose and treat Class I and simple Class II malocclusion patients and acquire competence in providing such treatment. At the end of this course, each student should be proficient in this basic orthodontic system.
This is a 6-session course. Each session consists of 11/2 days of hands-on, benchtop exercises, videos and lectures as well as 1/2 day devoted to reviewing any current cases you may be having difficulties with and/or any new orthodontic cases you are considering for treatment as well as a review of the patients to be treated by participants in the clinic the next day.
The third day is spent treating patients in the clinic. Dr. Williams is assisted by several Oklahoma licensed, orthodontically experienced dentists and assistants who supervise and aid participants as they treat orthodontic patients during the clinical day each session. Dr. Williams is dedicated to supporting his students and is always available to answer concerns by phone text and email.
Bradford R. Williams, D.D.S.
Dr. Brad Williams is a 1982 Oklahoma University College of Dentistry graduate. He has practiced general dentistry for 35+ years and has been practicing GP orthodontics for 30+ years. He joined the AOS in 1983 and began using the Begg technique. Over time, he modified his technique from Begg to Tip-Edge and finally in 2004 to the straight wire system.
He incorporated treatment techniques using the Straight Wire System, lecturing and teaching with the late Dr. David Jackson for five years. He is a Diplomate and past board member of the AOS. Dr. Williams practices in Skiatook, Oklahoma, where his family has resided for over 70 years.
Susan Coffey, RDA
Susan is a Registered Dental Assistant with years of clinical experience in chairside orthodontics. She began her orthodontic career in an orthodontic specialist office, then moved into a GP office. Susan began to understand the difference between the two clinical settings. Still active in assisting doctors in multiple offices, she continues to learn and find creative new ways to guide doctors and assistants in their orthodontic practice.
Susan is blessed to be able to share her love and knowledge of orthodontics in continuing education courses with Dr. Brad Williams. She understands the importance of having empowered assistants and as a detail-oriented person, Susan will motivate her students to return to practice and effectively support their doctors in making orthodontics work in their offices.
INTRODUCTION TO STRAIGHT WIRE ORTHODONTICS
- State of Oklahoma Dental Jurisprudence
- The Practical Benefits of Incorporating Orthodontics into Your Practice
- An Overview of This Course in Basic Orthodontics
- Examples of Cases You Will Be Treating after This Course
- Cephalometrics—Landmarks, Definitions, and Diagnosis
- The Intro Cephalometric Analysis
- Understanding the Straight Wire Orthodontic Appliance System
- Understanding the Tip and Torque in the Straight Wire Bracket
- Necessary Records for the Orthodontic Standard of Care
- How to Band and Bracket Teeth
- Diagnosing and Treatment Planning Your Cases
- Placing Separators
- Bracketing Anatomical Teeth - Learning the Effect of Bracket Positioning on the Teeth
- Banding & Bracketing the Clear Typodont - Learning Correct Bracketing Positions
A total of 288 continuing education hours of credit may be earned (24 per session). The course includes 12 sessions (6 in year 1 and 6 as a class monitor in year 2).
A list of instruments students MUST purchase to perform the hands-on exercises will be provided upon registration confirmation. These instruments are standard orthodontic tools to be used in your clinical practice following the course.
Out-of-State Applicants A doctor with no Oklahoma State Dental License will need to apply through Williams GP Orthodontics for a Temporary Volunteer State of Oklahoma Dental License. Registration deadline for an out-of-state doctor is Sept 15, 2022. A letter of good standing from the doctor’s state board will also be required.Contact Williams GP Orthodontics for more information.
Upon conclusion of the 12-Session Comprehensive Clinical Orthodontic Program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Attain knowledge & understanding of the Straight Wire Orthodontic Technique
- Identify the malocclusion classification of the patient
- Diagnose and develop a treatment plan for each individual case
- Acquire an understanding of the variables affecting treatment & treatment outcome
- Comprehensively follow a patient through treatment.
- Gain proficiency in treating orthodontic malocclusions seen in your practice.
Our Goals for what you will learn and experience:
- How to perform the In-Office Orthodontic Exam
- How to take the “Standard of Care” orthodontic records in the office
- Cephalometrics & Orthodontic diagnosis
- Predictable orthodontic treatment planning
- How to attain a high level of case acceptance with orthodontics
- The financial side of orthodontics
- The Straight Wire Orthodontic System
- Hands-on exercises on typodonts
- Treatment of actual orthodontic patients in a general practice setting
- How to truly incorporate orthodontics into your office immediately
- How to add a new, reliable, income stream to your practice
- How to create an “exit strategy” from general or pediatric practice that allows you to “stay in the game” longer, continuing to enjoy practicing with less physical strain in later years
The study material for this course was peer-reviewed April 2019 to ensure that all clinical and technical information include a scientific basis for program content as well as an assessment of the benefits and risks associated with that content in order to promote public safety.
Neither Dr. Williams nor members of his immediate family have any financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
Register for Course
We are pleased to present flexible payment plans through Lending Club Solutions. Enjoy a selection of flexible plans with low fixed rates and monthly payments, no upfront payment, and no prepayment penalty.
It’s easy to calculate your potential monthly payments. Simply complete a short application which displays fixed rates and monthly payments available for Extended Plans, all without impacting your credit score.
Williams GP Orthodontic Seminars is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 06/01/2022 through 05/31/2026. Provider ID# 392379